Monday, November 17, 2014

I just don't get it.

Last night the nightly news (on all networks, I am guessing) led off with more horror tales about ISIS beheading captives, often Americans who were overseas doing noble deeds. Before I quickly turned to a sitcom channel, I saw such captives bowing their heads, having no means of avoiding the sickening torment ahead. I don't understand people who can watch these news reports. They're the same people who can tune into coverage of tortured children or mistreated animals. I am not suggesting that they have a sadistic streak, but I would like to know their reasoning for watching innocent people and pets going through hell. It's beyond me how anyone can watch reports of starving children, frightened populations driven from their homes, slaughtered animals, or any kind of cruelty. Yes, call me a coward, an avoider, someone who cannot face reality. It's true. But to those who can, how can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment