Tuesday, February 9, 2021

HOT AND HEAVY/

 I just saw two things in a movie that truly impressed me. One was something one rarely sees so that was an eye opener. The other was something I am always impressed with that too many other people never recognize. One. In almost every movie where someone is carrying luggage, it is obvious that the luggage is empty. Check it out. It is very rare to see heavy luggage. Which is why tonight, watching Barbara Stanwyck, I was impressed to see her walking along a wharf with a suitcase that was so heavy she had to change hands. Talk about realism. Two. The person who always impresses me. Marilyn Monroe. In this film she pays an ordinary worker in a fish factory, and she plays it to perfection. No wonder Montgomery Clift said Monroe was a true professional who he felt was  always completely focused on the part she was playing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment