Wednesday, February 17, 2021

AD NAUSEAM


I have seen the most repulsive commercial of the year only a couple of times, so I cannot clearly tell you the name of the product, other than it's for a beverage, I think, and Funky is in its name. What makes it repulsive is that it shows people with two faces, the second one being where their mouth should be. I can't imagine what kind of sick minds come up with these concepts, or what kind of depraved clients buy them. But I'm guessing they don't have a big ad budget, so I may not have to see it again. P.S. I can't find a single take from this commercial to show you. Could it have been a nightmare?

My second gripe is for a pharmaceutical called Nurtec, but my complaint applies to lots of commercials and some entertainment programs. There is nothing funny about a man getting hit in the crotch, though it seems to send really stupid people into gales of laughter. Nortec's "concept" is to have a man's dog show more affection to a nearby girl in the park and for some inexplicable reason have a out-of-control retractable leash hit him below the belt. It's not only not funny but reverse it and have the woman hit in the crotch and it would be national news.

Correction: The complaint above is not for Nurtec, it's for Pip-Perroni, a dog treat. My stupidity, of course. But I do have an excuse, however lame. The networks, who are putting more and more commercials on the air run them so close together that it sometimes hard to find where one ends and another begins. Sorry Nurtec.

However the winner for commercials seen too often, not funny, beyond stupid, and incredibly intrusive are those featuring LiMu Emu and Doug. And how they relate to Liberty Mutual Insurance is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment