Monday, January 18, 2021

AAARRRRRHHHHH!!@#$&

 I've decided who the most incompetent group of persons in American society are:  Package Designers. It is rare that I can open any package with the ease that is suggested by the designer. Today I had to open a new package of All Free & Clear. The instructions read "tear here". But it refused to tear no matter how hard I tore, so I eventually had to cut it open with scissors. But that's just one stubborn package. Many products with child-proof caps are equally adult-proof. I often have to use a pair of pliers to unscrew a cap that seems to be welded to the jar, bottle, or can. Many boxed products have "open here" instructions. Just try it and you'll find half of the package is ripped off with the easy-open flap. My cat loves Sheba, but have you ever tried ripping open one of their cans? Just the very words, "Press here" tell me I am in for a struggle. Often the pull-off closure on a milk carton can leave you with a counter splattered with milk. And if you buy a product that's in a hard-plastic molded. "blister" package, you had better have a good pair of garden sheers because mere scissors are not enough. You know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment