Tuesday, November 24, 2020

HERMAN HOW COULD YOU?


 If you're like me and desire to own a Herman Miller supplied Eames chair and ottoman like the one shown below, let me warn you. I purchase two in 2010 for almost $7,000.00 for the pair, and though it broke the bank I felt it was worth it. Until 2020. This year one of the arms of one chair snapped off, and cost me $170 to repair. Six months later the other arm snapped off, and I haven't been able to find anyone to repair it. I repeatedly called the store where I bought it: Office Solutions in Chicago, who never, but never, answer their phone. At least I still had one good chair, until last night. While watching television the entire back of the chair snapped off. Now I have a TV room with piles of leather and cherry finished wood and no-one to put them together. Herman Miller's customer service line was busy but they said they would be with me shortly. After hearing dozens of messages for more than half and hour, I hung up and called Herman Miller's headquarters at 616-654-3000. They obviously do not want to talk to anyone and I had a very brief kiss-off recording. I hope this post discourages some readers from buying the chair below, which is a thing of beauty, but sadly not a joy forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment