Monday, August 26, 2019

BUYING GUNS WITHOUT A LICENSE.

I love quests, and though the questing I do can't rival the silver chalice or the Golden Fleece, they are still neurotic fun. Usually my questing is for some everyday item that should be in stores, but isn't. Today for instance my quest was for a gun, a water pistol to be more specific. The one I had was broken and I need one to scatter the peacocks who assault my home every day. Starting early this morning I went to Ross, The Dollar Tree, Marshall's. CVS, and Navarro with no luck. No water pistols. The manager at CVS said that it was unavailable since it was a summer item. That seems odd since this is Miami, it's 95 degrees today, and summer year-round. My last shot, after a torrential rainstorm that left me trapped in Starbuck's listening to their crappy music selections, was Big Lots. Ironically water pistols were the first thing I saw when I entered the store. A pack of four tiny water pistols and just above them a huge water blaster, making my quest successful. Stupidly I also bought birdseed for the peacocks, so even if I blast them with water later they'll still keep coming back. My next quest is for a revolving canasta tray, which no one seems to have and the ones on the Internet are too expensive or to complicated to purchase. (I hate the internet.) Since nobody reads my blog, I don't expect anyone to recommend a purveyor of canasta trays in Miami.

1 comment: