Tuesday, July 23, 2019

THE VERY STRANGE TWITTER CASE.


You may recall that back in July while a Fox announcer at at pub in England was raving about the women's soccer champs, persons in the background were chanting, "Fuck Trump". Naturally this caused a stir.

In response arch liberal Laura Ingraham wrote, "What would the media/Lefts reaction have been if such a chant ever been directed at Obama in any bar?"

I found this such an absurd comment involving Obama that I tweeted, "It never would be you stupid bitch, and you've made yourself look even more unaware and ignorant by asking such a dumb question."

Now if you tweet, you will appreciate that this is mild verbal assault considering many far worse responses. Thus I was surprised when days later I was suspended from using Twitter for that very comment. Try as I might, I could not get a further explanation, nor any sense of when I might be reinstated. Today more than two weeks after my comment, I got the following e-mail from Twitter.

Hello

Your account has been suspended and will not be restored because it was found to be violating Twitter's Terms of Service, specifically the Twitter Rules against hateful conduct.

It is against our rules to promote violence against or directly attack other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender idenity, religious affiliation, age, disability of disease.

Additionally, if we determine that the primary purpose of an account is to incite harm toward others on the basis of these categories, that account may be suspended without prior warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment