Friday, July 12, 2019

A VERY SIMPLE REQUEST.

One of the pleasures that I haven't experienced in over 20 years is playing canasta.Well, I did get to play it once in Florida,but the other three players were too busy or disinclined to make it a regular thing. So today I vowed to drum up a group and get back in the game. I have Kem Playing Cards, which are the best, but I don't have a canasta tray. I assumed it would be an easy item to purchase. Wrong. First of all the prices were all over the place, ranging from $4.95 to $80.00 for custom-designed trays.Then, since I hate ordering over the Internet, I tried to find a store that sold over the phone since Amazon refused to do so. Any store I called was unavailable, "Please leave your number somebody will get back to you." No thanks. If you want my sale, answer your phone. When I finally gave in to the Internet  the price of the tray seem to have tripled by the time I got to checkout. The Internet did say that a nearby Walmart sold canasta trays. I am willing to make the trip there, but I am convinced once I do, they will both assure me they never heard of a canasta tray and tell me if there were such an item they do not now or have never had one. I think Miami is a city where the only game one can find easily is dominoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment