Sunday, July 14, 2019

THE HiDDEN SOCIETY OF THE TECHNICAL AGE.

As I mentioned before I have been suspended from  Twitter. They have all these technical remedies to get me reinstated, but being a Luddite they're too complex for me. So I figured I could call them and deal on a person to person level. They actually have a phone number, but when you call it, you are told they do not deal over the phone. This seems to be true of many companies. Amazon won't let you purchase over the phone and many companies don't even leave numbers where they cannot be reached. I personally despise passwords, and dealing with invisible persons who could be anywhere from Pittsburgh to Pakistan. I certainly have not embraced the Age of Technology. I like buying movie tickets from a lady in glass booth, not that I go to the movies anymore since they are all pretty lousy and I am not 12 years old. I don't know why I have a telephone since all I receive are robot calls. Comcast is about as unpleasant and greedy a company as is possible. We were told decades ago that paid TV would be commercial-free. I pay $232 a month and see more commercials in year than I did between the ages of 15 and 30. Growing up in Boston it amused me to see most people on the MTA reading Peyton Place, Valley of the Dolls or other popular novel. Now, no one reads, everyone is tapping away on their smart phone, I still have a seldom used flip phone, which amuses the tech-happy, and even gave up reading on a screen in favor or the weight and volume of a book. I have to give up a lot being a Luddite. But, frankly, I think it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment