Friday, September 13, 2013

Get out your hankies.

Very soon now there is going to be a major motion picture. It will be an all-star event and you will be encouraged to go because it's based on a play that won the Pulitzer Prize and the adoration of critics everywhere. I saw it it in New York with Estelle Parsons, who was brilliant, and spent $120.00 for my seat, more than I ever paid. I saw it again in Miami with a well-acted production locally. The play, you may have guessed is called August: Osage County, and it might surprise you to that I think it's really just an overwrought soap opera. I won't go into the dozens of reasons I think this is really the most overrated play of our time, but I will mention just one thing that drives me wild. The main character, who will be played brilliantly by Meryl Streep is suffering from mouth cancer.  Now, not being a doctor, I would think that was painful. But obviously not,  since this character never stops talking.  Remember this post because I'm sure almost everyone who sees this film will not agree with me in the slightest. I still think it's a soap opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment