Friday, September 13, 2013

Cash cows.

Being middle-class, I have a reasonably good health plan. Of course I don't understand how it works, and never read the statements that show up every month. But apparently I've reached that gap people speak of with such horror. And I can see why. Unfortunately the only thing that works for my chronic heartburn is Nexium. Just my luck that the makers of Nexium are greedy pigs. I thought it was expensive when I paid $75.00 for three months supply. But today I learned that, being in the gap,  the price has jumped to $280.00 or over $3.00 a pill. I find it impossible to believe that Nexium couldn't sell their pills for $1.00 each and still make a killing. But then next to oil companies, pharmaceuticals are the greediest ghouls in our economy. While I hate being ripped off like this, I at least can afford it. I feel really sorry for those persons who can't and are the victims of these heartless, money-grubbing manufacturers,

No comments:

Post a Comment