Friday, May 31, 2013

You probably haven't seen the funniest comedians.

I have a very low opinion of most of the highly admired American comedians like Steve Martin,  Steve Carrell, and those not named Steve. And I have a super low opinion of the skits on Saturday Night Live. But maybe that's because I have such a high opinion of British comedians who seem to be far more brilliant than any of our stars and so admire their skit programs like The Fast Show and the Big Train.  The first salesman in these outtakes is Paul Whitehouse, who I think if by far more talented, versatile and funnier than any American counterpart. This is a regular bit from a popular past sketch program called The Fast Show. but it's just one of Paul's amazingly creative characters.  I would encourage anyone to look up The Fast Show on YouTube to see the wide variety of hilarious sketches, especially those featuring the absolutely fabulous Paul Whitehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment