Saturday, December 15, 2012

"See it was about this guy....or maybe it wasn't."

In my lifetime I have seen thousands and thousands of films. Many I've loved. Many I've hated. But most have been entertaining and forgettable, which is fine. But the other night for the first time I saw a new film, a major film, that offered me an interesting experience. The film was The Bourne Legacy and I didn't understand a word of it. I watched this film for about an hour and didn't have a clue what it was about. It had nice scenery, a few bloody scenes, and some meaningless action. But it might as well have been in Russian for all the sense it made. Of course at my age one could wonder if one were suffering an attack of senility, but everything else I watched that night made perfect sense. I wonder if others have had the same problem. And I wonder how a film so without clarity even gets made. Of course I should have been clued in right away when I saw that it starred Jeremy Renner, a name that meant nothing to me and a face that I seemed to recall from many supporting roles. He's a fine actor, but sadly lacks leading man charisma. Another clue was that in a supporting role was Edward Norton, an actor too talented and brilliant to ever be anything but the star. Gosh I wish more people knew how to reply to this blog as I would love to know if there was some value to this film which I did not see.


No comments:

Post a Comment