Sunday, November 28, 2010

Two weeks of winter.


Don't expect to see any posts on this blog for at least two weeks. Being a luddite, I haven't a clue how to add to this blog while I'm away. And since the object of a winter vacation is to get away from all the worldly issues that annoy me, I wouldn't want to post anyway. While most people seem to want to vacation in famous cities or tropical islands and dine in the best restaurants, I have a different goal. I want to be where the weather is rainy and cold, the streets icy slick, and the best of all possible meals is a breakfast of French Toast and coffee at a popular local diner. If there's a blizzard all the better. While the itinerary includes Washington, D.C. and New York City, most of the time will be spent in White Plains, New York; Charlottesville, Virginia, the closest city to Monticello (though they have no transportation to this famous home); and Raleigh, North Carolina, just because I like exploring new cities. I don't imagine many people read this blog anyway, but for those do (for which I'm grateful) look for more cranky comments near the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment