Thursday, November 4, 2010

"We would kill for your business."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when you shoot a poison dart into somebody's neck it kills them. With that in mind, I find this a very weird commercial for DirectTV, who seems to specialize in creepy ads. I assume it's supposed to be highly amusing that a goofy young projectionist is murdered so that one can steal the canned film for Russell Crowe's Robin Hood. Surprising that DirectTV thinks that murder and theft is the best way to convince consumers to use their service. Even more disturbing is that they chose, as the film worthy of theft, Robin Hood, which is a crashing, unwatchable bore. In fact, this Ridley Scott epic is such is a shaky-camera waste of time that it makes Kevin Costner's attempt look almost as good as Errol Flynn's version, which nobody has topped. I wonder what DirectTV will use for their next commercial theme: ethnic cleansing or lupus?

No comments:

Post a Comment