Sunday, November 21, 2010

Splashdown or crashdown?

I find this G.E. commercial very strange. It seems to be promoting some kind of stepped altitude navigation system which replaces an equally unknown system in which a plane had to land in stages. Apparently with the new G.E. True Course Flight System, landing is smoother and simpler. But the ending of the commercial seems to suggest without the system one can expect a crash landing. that is if you can go by the way the diver flops down in the water. It seems to me that G.E. could have found a less frightening way to promote their new system. But even if this spot isn't as morbid as I think, what is the point of it? Are we supposed to fly only on planes that have this system? And how would we know? Or is it universal? Next time I think I'll just turn off the sound and pretend it's a promotion for Acapulco.

No comments:

Post a Comment