Thursday, November 4, 2010

Toilet humor?

The morality of this commercial mystifies me. Not because the guy is shown as a jerk, so turned on by an attractive female plumber that he's willing to destroy his own plumbing system (lots of commercials show men as idiots); but because he's obviously living with an attractive woman we assume to be his wife. So what was his game plan: a quickie over the sink and hope that wifie didn't hear him groan? Or his he so sexually starved it's worth it to just look at a hot plumber working, even at $80.00 an hour? Either way, it's really dumb. But even worse, I don't believe for a minute that the john wouldn't have clogged up from all that crap. After all a Kohler toilet doesn't come with a complete plumbing system. Okay, so you think it's a funny commercial. I think it's a concept that should have been flushed.

Unrelated subject, sorta: In my last job I worked for a pain-in-the-ass account executive who encouraged the creative team to, "flush out an idea." I wanted to tell her that the correct usage is to "flesh out an idea", that it to say put some meat on the bones. But I didn't because it gave me a great deal of delight to see this arrogant woman repeat this mistake again and again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment