Tuesday, May 15, 2018

PUBLIX ,WHERE SHOPPING IS NOT A PLEASURE.

In Miami, it doesn't matter how upscale the merchant or venue is, the piped in music is sure to be lowbrow. The city apparently is not aware of centuries of classical music, or decades of songs from such greats as Gershwin, Kern, Mercer, and dozens of other brilliant composers and lyricists. One never hears quality music or actual melodies anywhere. Actually there is one venue in this city that plays classical music, Milam's Super Market. I would shop there exclusively except I don't drive and they are too far away. So I'm stuck with Publix who, despite many letters of complaint, plays only the
crappiest of songs sung by mostly screaming young women and often having only one trite lyric line sung endlessly. I suspect that music suppliers have various price levels and Public cheaps out since lyricalness songs and repetitive melodies sung by third-rate screamers cost less. The irony, at least with me, is that I would buy twice as many products if I weren't always eager to escape their low-brow music, which is not really music, it's noise. Generally when I ask the employees if they like the music, the answer is no, but they feel that can't complain. So mostly their awful taste in music doesn't please much of anyone, but they're not about to do anything to improve it.

1 comment: