Sunday, June 11, 2017

ATTACKED BY AN ARMY OF HYPOCRITES.

Bill Maher if often vulgar, scatological, too pro-drug, an ardent atheist (as am I), and a true believer that most Americans are stupid (which they are). But I don't believe he is in the least bit racist. I think he has proven that over the decades. So when he recently used a foolishly verboten word and apologized for its use, I don't think he needed a lecture, much less three. Therefore I found it extremely annoying to see him berated and lectured by a sanctimonious and repetitive Michael Eric Dyson, who kept ignoring Maher's apologies so could launch into another scolding session. That should have been the end of it, but no! He was soon given another lecture by his equally self-satisfied guest Ice Cube, a 47-year-old rapper who can't even speak proper English. This inspired his black female guest to get in her licks on the patient, overly repentant and humble Maher. What a shameful, cruel, arrogant and unnecessary over-response to a careless attempt at an unwelcome joke. Bill shouldn't be ashamed nearly as much as Michael Eric Dyson, Ice Cube, and Symone Sanders, three successful and wealthy blacks who acted as if they came from a lifetime of oppression and hardship, which none of them did. I have much more respect for Whoopi Goldberg who isn't parading in hypocritical outrage and says she isn't angry with Bill and feels we should "strip the  n-word of its power once and for all." As a gay man I detest and despise the so-called respectable use of the word "queer". Yes, I would like to make it verboten, but some gay idiots have decided to embrace it as having strength and value. Utter nonsense, of course. But I'm not going to war for it. It's just a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment