Monday, November 23, 2015

A roadblock on the information highway.

One thing that no longer exists as it once did is Information, 411. It's still there, but it's practically useless. Though I have foolishly tried to use it many times in the past couple of years, it never provides the correct number until the recorded device turns you over to an equally ignorant operator. Today I tried to get the number of a friend named Cheeseman. The record kept saying, "You want the number of Junior Achievement. Is that correct?" When I finally did reach a living person, she finally figured out  the name I wanted. However, before it was read to me I had to listen to several commercials, including one for my most hated nemesis Comcast. The Internet isn't much more helpful. Technology has replaced many services that were far superior to modern technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment