Saturday, November 14, 2015




















In a way I feel bad for Ben Carson. I remember when I was competing in the Olympics, we were constantly under scrutiny by the organizers and the press. I remember telling  Jennifer Lopez I had to cancel dinner because I thought the publicity might hurt her career. Naturally she was angry. I think that's why she married Marc Anthony. But she got over it, and I had three gold medals to comfort me. But I was in it for the sport, not the money which is why I told Wheaties to shove it, but not in those words. Like Ben,  I wasn't looking for attention and glory. Not at the Olympics, and not when I turned down the scholarship at the Naval  Academy. So I can appreciate Ben's problems with the press. I think he's sincere. Let me ask this: If they didn't keep the wheat in the pyramids, where did the keep it? I've been to Egypt four times and I never saw any wheat storehouses. And what kid doesn't stab a  friend or two all in good fun? Ben is a neat guy and I hate to see everyone picking on him. But he's tough. He can take it. After all he is the great great grandson of Kit Carson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment