Friday, February 8, 2013

"Reminingyouofmonthurso'clock."

I have three old messages on my answering machine. I haven't answered them yet because I haven't a clue what they say. I'm pretty sure they're all reminders about doctors appointments, but you can never be sure. Since all three mush mouthed callers said the telephone number once and without a moment of clarity, it isn't like I can call anyone back for further details, which is odd, because all I can make out on two of them are the words, "call us to confirm." It astonishes me that so many doctors have their receptionists call to confirm appointments, but never seem to encourage them to speak clearly and slowly, speak English to English-speaking patients and repeat the telephone number slowly and distinctly. Additionally, it annoys the hell out of me that the doctors expect you to call them to confirm an appointment. So in a way, I'm glad they're assistants are so incomprehensible.


No comments:

Post a Comment