Tuesday, February 5, 2013


I’m writing this because I have to get it out of my system. But it’s also a good lesson for anyone who has even a minor estate to leave when they die. I had a lover many years ago. I eventually left him for someone else but remained the best of friends for 45 years. He went through several relationships until, for some reason, he stayed with a shallow, unaffectionate, ungrateful, alcoholic, drug addict, whom he had to rescue time and time again and spent a great deal of money and time dealing with rehab centers and hospitals. I told my friend who was much older than his lover, not to leave his fortune to this weakling as he would not only indulge his addictions, but would also be dead within four years. My friend died from a heart attack at 86 and left his estate to his lover who, (whom?) as I predicted, was dead within four years. Sadly, this loser, despite his vows that he would leave his money to an animal charity and  not to his abusive parents, had not had the foresight to make a will so my good friend’s hard-earned lifetime of savings went to complete and undeserving strangers and not to his loving family or true friends. 




No comments:

Post a Comment