Monday, February 4, 2013

"Extra care" About what?

CVS is less expensive than Walgreen's, but then what isn't? Still I think I will have to stop having to use CVS. Why?  Because they are eagerly adding machines to replace people at checkout. More and more it becomes difficult to find someone at the checkout counter, and they are training what few they have to show customers how to use automatic checkouts, thus training them to replace their jobs. A worker will wander around pointing to the machine indicating that it is your only choice. For a while I insisted on having a clerk and they complained. They don't anymore because there's no one to complain to. I am hardly a communist, but I am not about to aid a large, greedy company in its goal to get rid of as many employees as possible. The employee recently who helped me use the machine, which I usually eschew, was a 63-year-old black woman, tiny and sweet. She hopes she can work till she's 65. Not if CVS can find a way to replace her a.s.a.p. and keep all those savings for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment