Wednesday, February 6, 2013

No FaceBook. No opinion.

For years, I have been posting to HuffPost. At the last count, I had written 7,795 comments. Having just returned from a winter vacation, I had plannned on resuming my prolific unrequested opinions. But apparently not. FaceBook, which has taken over all our lives in ways we don't even know, has made it impossible for me to continue posting if I don't get a FaceBook account, which I have no intention of doing.  While I was foolish enough to join FaceBook once, I soon got tired of the mundane comments and insipid pictures. Sadly, I learned, that like Scientology, they never let you go and continue to deluge you with minutiae an trivia long after you have tried to quit. I don't intend to read HuffPost any more, but so what?  there are other valid news sources and those want me without knowing where I went to dinner last night with Tim and Alice and Biffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment