Thursday, October 18, 2012

"I scream. You scream. We all scream..."

it's possible this commercial is true, but I don't believe a word of it. I mean I believe the Intuit product exists, but who are these people who have an ice cream shop and then take off in a truck and head south because of the warmer weather? How do they preserve their first location? Are they paying rent when they're not there? How complicated is it to get licenses in all these new states? Aren't they competing with other trucks that already had those routes? Isn't ice cream presented from a truck different from the products one gets in a much larger store? And, do that many people really charge their credit cards for ice cream cones? I suppose they probably do with the rip-off prices that cones and sundaes sell for these days. Finally, coming from Boston, I don't think ice cream has a season. After all that city had Brighams, Baileys, and many other purveyors of ice cream. There was a ice cream parlor every few blocks and they were busy even in the coldest weather. Do supermarkets toss out all their ice cream with the arrival of winter? Of course not.  I know this commercial is about  people who sell ice cream, but to me it seems more like baloney.

No comments:

Post a Comment