Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Losing sight of a good idea.

I think this is a very clever concept. The idea that this woman's sight is so bad that she gets into a police car instead of a taxi is incredibly clever. The problem is that once she gets in she's all mush mouth. What the hell is she saying after "521 West Erie"? It would have been stronger if she just gave a clear address and let it go at that. But she adds that garbled bit of unnecessary directions that I can't quite make out, which ruins, for me, a very funny spot.


Note: I got my glasses at Sears by the way and think they suck. They had a phony guarantee which was no damn good when my prescription sunglasses developed some kind of strange mottling. Not only would Sears not honor their guarantee. They came up with several fallacious reasons as to why it didn't apply and presented them with a very nasty attitude.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I finally figured out what she said, but still consider it unnecessary extra copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be an allusion to Holly Hunter's character in "Broadcast News." At least, that's what it made me think of.

    ReplyDelete