Saturday, October 29, 2011

There are three words that always make me feel sad, frightened and angry when I see them. These three words are symbolic of much of the poverty and unhappiness in America. They represent the coldest, greediest members of our society. They are often associated with danger and corruption and vile deception. They have been related to many deaths of people and animals. Most people don't notice these words or don't appreciate just how much they adversely affect their lives. If you haven't already guessed those hideous words are "Made in China". It is almost impossible to purchase anything today that hasn't been made in China by cheaper labor working for companies that used to be here in America. But I think, and I hope, that that is going to change. Recently ABC News with Diane Sawyer did an entire series on seeking out goods that are "Made in America" which I absolutely plan to do even if means being inconvenienced or going without. Today I purchased a new WaterPic at Walgreens which was naturally overpriced at $64.00. But I needed a new one. When I got home I noticed it is made in China, so it goes back today regardless of how much I need a new WaterPic. I think we all have to start doing that. Ask for products made in America. Return products made in China. If you do, you will encourage thousands of companies to reconsider foreign facilities and move back here, thus giving Americans work and hope again. This weekend is Halloween. Every costume, wig, item of makeup and scary novelty was more than likely made in China. Made in China for our holliday in America. I don't know why this doesn't infuriate more people as much as it does me, especially now that we are on to these billionaires who are happy to sell us out for bigger bonuses. I was recently determined to start wearing T-shirts that proclaimed "Made in America" or encouraged consumers to "Buy American" but most of the shirts I saw were "Made in China". Check everything you buy, and you'll realize why we're in a recession why people are out of work and why those who care are in sit-ins all over this counry. If you want to see American strong again, buy products "Made in America" not in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment