Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Giving no quarter.

Recently I found myself totally offended by this situation that several other friends found perfectly acceptable. Recently I took my sickly cat Chance to a new Coral Gables vet. I thought they might find a cure that my regular vet couldn't. Anyway, I liked the doctor right away, though I was surprised that she looked more like a model than the the capable vet she is and the facilities were fine except that the waiting room is small for such a busy practice. Another annoyance is that there is no parking lot so one must park on the street at the costly Coral Gables meters. This hasn't been a problem till the other morning when I forgot to bring change. When I asked those at the front desk if they could change a dollar, they both said, "We don't have any change." Later I learned this was complete lie and that, in fact, they refuse to provide change to their customers. While this might be an acceptable practice at other businesses, I find this extremely petty of this successful practice. How difficult can it be to maintain a supply of quarters to make change for perhaps six customers at the most on any given day? Especially when each is unlikely to leave without having spent at least $75.00. No problem at all. When I suggested this to the once-friendly receptionist she became pissy and rude. At any rate, after three weeks of visits to this office and subjecting Chance to many costly tests, I was told his case was hopeless since they had just discovered he had a weak heart. On arriving home, he went into a coma. With great sadness I had him euthanized today by an independent doctor who came to the house. I don't feel any animosity to the clinic for not being able to save a cat I loved a great deal but I feel tremendous anger for having needlessly spent $1,600.00 to a facillity that didn't even have the common courtesy to provide change for a dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment