Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I went into a graphics store today to buy a poster. I was the only customer there and the salesperson on duty started to listen to my needs. Then the phone rang. He answered it. It was obviously another possible customer. He immediately began to answer the questions of the person on the phone and provide details of what would be involved in fulfilling his request. After a minute or so I l just walked out. I will never understand why so many merchants seem to think that the customer on the phone is more important than the customer standing right in front of them. This is not rare. It is epidemic. It happens at supply houses, bakeries, department stores, practically every retail outlet. I don't get it. But I never wait around till the inconsiderate clerk is finished with the telephone call, and I hope you don't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment