Friday, February 3, 2017

THE WORST THING FOR YOUR HEALTH.

There are lots of reasons to hate Comcast. Among the most recent is that I am unable to see the programs I pay for, and each attempt requires me to call their 800 number, complain, be connected with someone in India who straightens it out and says they are "most terribly, horribly sorry that you have been so inconvenienced." The next night the same problem occurs. But the one daily annoyance that drives me mad is that every time you open Xfinity or Comcast (what's the difference?) you are forced to look at their home page which is a mostly scattered advertising for mediocre television shows or news items that would only be of interest to the most low-brow media hounds. Bad enough you have to wade through this, but it's advertising. I pay these high fees to avoid advertising. A friend recently told me how much he likes Xfinity's commercials. What he doesn't realize is that they are not true. They show a Comcast user requesting shows with their voice-activated device and, voila they appear instantly. Totally fake. More often than not the TV can't understand what you're requesting or connects you with something completely unrelated. When I asked for the new PBS series Victoria, I kept getting connected to a B feature also named Victoria. And Comcast refused to connect me to the PBS series which I had paid for, which led to another 20-minute crank call to India.

No comments:

Post a Comment