Friday, February 19, 2016

Duh.

I can deal with Donald Trump's constant swearing. I can cope with his endless bragging. And I find his attacks on the equally offensive Cruz and Rubio amusing. But I cannot tolerate his annoying misuse of English. I, for one, agree that the Pope should not have said Trump is not a Christian. I don't happen to consider most Christians Christian. But Trump's response contained my most hated grammatical error, a
misuse so annoying that almost everybody uses it and I often get an argument that is is correct, which it is not. Here is Donald's quote: "If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS's ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President..."  Not "would have" Donald, but "had"or even "was".


No comments:

Post a Comment