Sunday, October 11, 2015

A complete and happy surprise.

When I heard Jon Stewart was leaving The Daily Show, I was, of course, disappointed. Where else would we get fair and unbalanced news? Worse, he was being replaced by a person nobody ever heard of: Trevor Noah. How good could this 31-year-old South African be? It was too big a change, so I was sure I would never watch the supposedly "new" Daily Show. Wrong! After one viewing I'm hooked. Noah is brilliant, charming, hilarious, endearing and a thousand other great things. He's not an imitation Jon Stewart he's something different and equally welcome. So if you've been reluctant like me to catch his show, get over it. So with Bill Maher, John Oliver and Trevor Noah covering the world situation, you can now avoid the network news with its complete lack of depth and plethora of pharmaceutical and automobile commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment