Thursday, October 29, 2015

I have a love/hate relationship with Huffington Post. I love that it's easily accessible, has most of the news  I'm interested in and seems relatively unbiased. I hate that it is so chauvinistic and can't make up it's mind whether it wants to be a news source or a girly magazine. There are far too many stories about how so and such looks hot in her new bikini. I also hate that its so-called editors often write terrible headlines, use incorrect grammar, and employ all the latest jargon such as "hack" instead of "hint". I hate that its editor for LBGT issues is so attached to the offensive word "queer". I hate that they can't seem to stop using superlatives for everything. Their stories are just not that hilarious, incredible, astounding, mind-blowing or unforgettable. I hate that they have far too many depressing animal abuse stories. I hate that so many of their stories don't appear on command or are not in the area they say they are.  I hate that they have too many plugs for Disney properties, (Frozen didn't deserve nearly that much    space). And I really hate the frequency with which they air the opinions and quotes of such insignificant nobodies as Bristol Palin. Hmmm. I guess I don't have a love/hate relationship with Huffington Post. It seems to be more hate. But I still keep reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment