Saturday, October 18, 2014

They sure know how to spoil a vacation.

Our newest lost of freedom seems to be that you can't go on vacation without letting your bank know your entire itinerary, even though it's none of their fucking business. I called CitiBank today to make sure they don't freeze my card while I'm on vacation as they have done in the past. I felt that assuring them I would be traveling was enough. Apparently not. They suggested they can't provide me with any protection unless I tell them where I'm going. Since I don't know, I can't tell them and I wouldn't if I could. We Americans are too easily cowed by the information bullies who insist they have to know things that are really none of their concern. So while I'm traveling in the near future, I expect to have some hotelier or waiter tell that my credit card has been frozen because CitiBank is far more paranoid than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment