Friday, November 25, 2011

Tight squeeze.

In case you think that billion dollar corporations aren't generous, I have an incident to report. Recently Colgate introduced a new toothpaste called Optic White. It was very costly, but I thought I'd give it a try. When I read the packaging I was surprised to see a grammatical error. One of the legends on the package read:With regular use it removes stains ordinary toothpaste don't. Being an avid letter writer, both pro and con, I wrote to the company pointing out this blunder. In a short period of time, I received a letter from the executive offices thanking me for pointing this out, assuring me that error would soon be remedied, and that to show their gratitude they were sending me a gift. What was the gift? A packet of coupons giving me as much as 25 cents off on a variety of products I wouldn't be buying anyway.

Note: Speaking of companies that have no scruples (were we?) don't you think the woman in this visual was deliberately chosen because she looks like Marilyn Monroe, which is like getting a celebrity's picture without having to pay a celebrity price?

No comments:

Post a Comment