Sunday, November 27, 2011

No picture thank goodness.

I heard a news story today both sad and infuriating. It seems a bicycler was being chased by a dog off the leash and he shot the dog to death. I am always disturbed by the death of an animal especially this one which was being trained as an service dog. I don't know how threatened the cycler really felt. You have to be suspicious of anyone carrying a gun, but I do know the dog's owner was an idiot to let him off without a leash. I have no tolerance for people who don't respect simple laws and this law is constantly ignored. Maybe now that dog owners know that their unleashed dog can be shot and killed without the supposedly threatened killer being arrested or even fined might make owners more careful. It's heartbreaking that this innocent dog had to die because his owner was so careless.

No comments:

Post a Comment