Saturday, February 26, 2011

Why I'm mad at Martha.


I have a gripe with Martha Stewart, one that I addressed to her company without ever receiving a reply. So I might as well tell you why I am so annoyed. Recently I had both of my bathrooms redone. All I had to do was paint them. I went to Home Depot and purchased Martha Stewart paint at the exhobitant price of $27.00 a gallon. Since the areas to be painted were primed, I didn't anticipate any problems. As you can probably imagine, painting a bathroom is a lot more work than painting a larger room and, like all painting, preparation is everything. So once the tiring job was done, I began to remove the blue painter's tape and was amazed to find the paint was peeling like skin from a bad sunburn. The $27.00 a gallon paint was not adhering to the primed wall. After exhausting repainting, the same problem. I e-mailed a complaint to Martha Stewart's paint division and got no reply. So, if you're planning to repaint a room in your house, I encourage you to avoid Ms. Stewart's paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment