Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why I couldn't be faithful to Fidelity.

I always find these Fidelity commercials amusing. They seem to be so concerned about their customers. They want them to follow that green carpet or whatever it is to financial security and future happiness. Could this possibly be the same Fidelity that was so nice about letting me invest my small 401K in one of their funds and then never seemed to be in to me again? If I called, my representative, she was always out. If I stopped in at the Coral Gables office, I was told no one was available to see me, usually after I filled out a visitor's form of some sort. The only green line I saw was the one leading me out the door to the street. Once in the street, I crossed it to check out Charles Schwab. They had a beautiful lobby, which was all I ever saw. After waiting a half-an-hour to see someone, I assumed they weren't any friendlier than Fidelity. Okay, it's possible that since I moved my money to another house, both of these firms make it a point to be nice to small investors. I doubt it. I don't really care. Because I'm very happy with the nice and always accessible people at TD Investments.

2 comments: