Monday, February 21, 2011

Mumbo Jumbo.

I know when you have a blog you should write regularly so that your readers, if you have any, don't lose interest. But, surprisingly, nothing has intrigued or irritated me enough this week to inspire a rant. I am thrilled, of course, with the events in Egypt, Bahrain, Tunisia, Iran and Libya, but not happy about the deaths that occured. I was especially pleased to see the Iranians take to the streets. We always knew that Iranians were good people and their leaders all dicks, so it's nice that they proved it before the Republicans found some excuse to slaughter them as the did the Iraquis. There's no point in blogging about Republicans. They're all scum, led by such super scum as Palin, Bachmann, Boehner, Cantor...never mind, the list is too long. The creepiest guy of the week is the one who poisoned the trees at Auburn University. The idiot in question is Harvey Updyke, who is 62 and unemployed. Since there is no justice anymore, he will probably be scolded and given a six-month suspended sentence and required to do community service like gardening. As most people know I think sports are absurd to begin with, so this kind of behavior is just another example of people putting too much of their egos into a game with a ball. See, I'm struggling here to find something to say. I could mention the Academy Awards, but I lost interest in them years ago. Oh, here's something that bugs me. At 68, I have no illusions that I am a senior citizen. But I am astonished at the number of strangers—and friends!—who will make ageist comments. Most of them are not very witty, the usual humorous digs about Altzheimers or suggestions that one is slowing day, forgetful, or impotent. It amuses me because I know they will be in the same position one day and be just as surprised as I am at quickly that day arrived. Being an atheist, I wonder if I am less fearful of the big checkout than religious people. After all, I assume I die and the game is over forever. If you believe in an afterlife, then you must have all kinds of questions about what it will be like, who will be there, will it be boring. That's a lot to think about. I prefer the forever. How egotistical is man to think he deserves heaven, but dogs and other non-humans don't. See, I'm wandering because there's nothing specific on my mind. Well, maybe later.


No comments:

Post a Comment