Wednesday, December 20, 2023

WHY I DON'T LIKE LAUREN BACALL


I had always admired Lauren Bacall for her beauty, and-yes-I believed all that publicity about her perfect marriage to Humphrey Bogart, cut short by his fatal illness. To me she was another perfect Hollywood actress-until she proved otherwise. My brother Gary was at the height of his writing career in 1995. He had written several books on the art of writing, a few true crimes, and was engaged in writing biographies for Kelsey Grammar and Humphrey Bogart's son, Paul. He was returning from California to his home in Massachusetts when he suffered a heart attack and died at age 50. Kelsey had to finish his bio himself, but the Bogart book In Search of My Father was ready for press.That's when Lauren showed her true colors. She figured since Gary was dead anyway, then all the credit for his book should go to her son-in other words, "Screw Gary". Unfortunately she was successful in this selfish and heartless ploy and many listings for In Search of My Father do not mention Gary. Just as well since it proved to be of Gary's less successful books since Paul Bogart was hardly a subject for admiration or curiosity. So it seems Lauren played the part of a bitch without much success.

No comments:

Post a Comment