Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Most Vet Bills are Great no Small.

 I remember when veterinarians cared about animals. They were always portrayed in dramas like All Creatures Great and Small as capable, warm-hearted  doctors who did their best to cure any creature in pain without asking much of their owners. No more.Today's vets are incredibly expensive  and seem to care more about the dollar than the dog. Suspecting my cat has diabetes I called a traveling vet. Though he is not that far away he quoted $195 just to show up before any charges for care. I quit my old vet when every average visit cost $200 or more. Another vet, who treated a truly beloved cat cost me $1,600 and the cat died anyway under her incompetent care. Greed is everywhere and there's no reason vets shouldn't jump on the bandwagon. But most people can't afford these costly charges, which means that many animals will go undiagnosed, untreated, un-vaccined and generally unseen because regular checkups and treatment are too damned expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment