Monday, December 11, 2023

Far too much information.

I like standup comics. Very often they say highly trenchant and funny things I admire. But I am not interested in their body functions and sexual activities, which seems to occupy most of today's male and female comics. Call me odd, but diarrhea, constipation, gas etc. are not funny and will amuse only the sickest scatalogical audience members. I also am not interest in their sex lives. I just watched an otherwise funny young woman tell me more than I wanted to know about giving a date a hand job.. Yuck. Sadly because audiences are so stupid, today's comics are terrrified of using too few fucks and shits. I can no longer watch Sarah Silverman since I am still disgusted by her routine about her sister's incontinence. True the audiences seem to be amused but these vulgar disclosures, but I suspect many are also offended and only want to seem cool to the otherwise low brow audience.George Carlin where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment