Tuesday, December 19, 2023

MESSAGE TO DESANTIS,

I am 81 years old. Since I was 14 I have read hundreds of books, many that you would ban. Since I didn't finish school, books were my main education and led me to a very successful career as a writer. But my favorite of all books were true crime stories. I have read hundreds of tales of murderers, thieves, liars, gangs, every aspect of crime. I also watch such stories on TV. And guess what Boots? I have never committed a crime, robbed a store, murdered an enemy or been arrested for anything. So there goes your theory that books corrupt young minds. Having a curious mind, I can only wonder what traumas led you to be such an angry prude and megalomaniac who wants to dictate what others can read and learn. I feel certain that your many sins and autocratic ways will someday be in a tell-all book and I can't wait to read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment