Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Someone I know died  last night. He wasn't a friend, but the brother of a friend, someone whose company I enjoyed because he was so funny, so outrageous, and so full of life. Sadly he was also full of theories, conspiracies, and misconceptions. And, being a Republican, he subscribed to the insane myth that covid vaccinations are unnecessary and possibly even a plot to gain control of our minds. His friends and family, being realistic pushed for him to have the vaccinations. He was almost convinced until other friends convinced him otherwise. If he had been vaccinated, the covid virus would have been mild, not the savage fury that assaulted all his organs, required his being in an induced coma for nearly a month, kept apart from persons he loved, and eventually dying alone without a comforting word or loving companion. He was only 55 years old. He never thought he would get the virus and die, but he did. If you know someone who refuses to be vaccinated, they may face the same fate. If they do, I'd like to say I feel sorry for them, but I don't. I think they're about as stupid as a person can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment