Saturday, July 29, 2017

IN A RECENT SURVEY...

...it was revealed that the majority of Americans would never elect an atheist. I had no idea the USA was such a superstitious country. I personally would welcome an atheist as president, not just because I am an atheist, but in a national emergency, I'd rather have a reasonable, logical leader rather than someone who prays for heavenly guidance. And I certainly don't want someone who suggests it's "God's will" if he doesn't prevent a nuclear attack on New York. But sadly Americans will keep swearing on the bible, electing mostly Protestant governors and mayors, and even tolerating bigoted and narrow-minded Jesus freaks like Pence. Frankly, I think Americans have already elected an undeclared atheist with Donald Trump. But we free thinkers take no pride in that since he only doesn't believe in god because he believes he is god.

No comments:

Post a Comment