Friday, January 20, 2017

"I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth,
so help me, Santa Claus."

With apologies to my religious friends, I, as an atheist, am especially offended today by the shocking rejection of the separation of church and state during today's inauguration. Never before has a ceremony been so Christian-based and Jesus-riddled. Jews, Muslims, and any other non-Christian believer must surely realize how much respect they can expect with this new administration. And while I support freedom of religion, I cannot see how any country can flourish who still believes in 2017 that there is a magical being somewhere in the sky or elsewhere who has personal knowledge of everyone and everything that occurs in this complex world and yet can be addressed on a one-to-one level. The idea that we still swear on a bible blows my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment