Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A SIGN OF THE TIMES?

During most presidential campaign seasons there are lots of lawn signs in evidence. But not this year. In my middle-class neighborhood I have seen almost none. And friends in other cities tell me the same thing. This is anecdotal, of course. But I suspect it's accurate. And I think I know why. Because Trump's fans have proven so angry, so vengeful, so illogical and unhinged, putting a Clinton/Kaine sign in front of your house would be inviting vandalism. Same with bumper stickers. I have seen some Trump/Pence signs, but liberals are nowhere near as likely to throw rocks or create graffiti. It's a sad situation, and we can only hope that when Hillary wins, that segment of Trump supporters who are deplorable sore losers can control their illogical anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment