Monday, September 19, 2016

WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED FROM FLINT?

This week a massive sinkhole opened up in Florida near Tampa and was soon filled with 200 million gallons of radioactive waste water from the storage pond of a  phosphate supply company called Mosaic. Naturally a representative from Mosaic said there is absolutely no risk to Florida's drinking water. Can we believe that after the Flint, Michigan lies? This massive sinkhole, I repeat, had 200 million gallons of contaminated wastewater from a fertilizer plan leak into one of the state's main underground resources of drinking water. I suggest you take one gallon of water and pour it on the sidewalk. How easy would be it get rid of 200 million gallons of that same volume?  Sorry to be an alarmist, but I would check with your water supplier and avoid drinking Florida tap water until I knew more. I don't know whether you know it, but some companies actually lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment