Friday, September 2, 2016

NOT ALWAYS THE ANSWER.

What do these famous celebrities have in common: Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Mark Wahlberg, John Travolta, Wolfgang Puck, Walt Disney, Nicholas Gage, Ryan Gosling, and Marilyn Monroe to name just  few?  Surprisingly it's the same thing that these billionaires have in common: Richard Branson, David Murdoch, James Clark, David Karp, Joe Lewis, and Mike Hudack to name a few more. The answer? None of them graduated from high school. I post this because I didn't graduate from high school and have had a very successful career in advertising. And I still think only unimaginative companies still demand a college degree as a must-have hiring necessity.  I recently, having become bored with retirement, decided to apply my talents to some local ad agency for far less than I was previously paid, and was surprised that the ones I saw listed all required a college degree. This is especially amusing when I recall all the creative people from my past with college degrees who were completely sans ideas. You've either got it or you ain't.

No comments:

Post a Comment